The 1986-1990 Hepatitis C Claims Centre
Web site Privacy Statement
- Crawford Class Action Services does not automatically gather any personal information from you, such as your name, phone number, or e-mail during your visit to our Web site. This personal information is only obtained if you supply it voluntarily.
- All personal information you do provide is protected under the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
- This means that, at the point of collection you will be informed that your personal information is being collected, the purpose for which it is being collected, and that you have a right of access to the information, and to request corrections or additions to your Personal Information if you feel there are inaccuracies.
- Crawford Class Action Services uses software that receives and records the Internet Protocol (IP) addresses of computers that have connected with our Web site. The purpose of collecting the number of connections to our Web site is to facilitate the reporting of these statistics to the Court. This link also operates as a security measure to locate and identify any unauthorized access or attempts to breach database security through our Web site.
- Crawford Class Action Services does not use ‘cookies’ to track how visitors use our Web site. Should we enable ‘cookies’ to facilitate your transactions, we will first inform you. (Note: Cookies are files that a Web site can place on your hard drive, without your knowledge, to monitor your use of that site.)
- Visitor information is not disclosed to anyone except the Court, or parties authorized by Court Order to receive the information, and Crawford Class Action Services personnel who require the information to:
- Operate and administer Class Action Settlement Agreements, according to the terms and conditions of the Agreements as approved by the Courts;
- Evaluate and consider a claimant’s eligibility status under a Class Action Settlement Agreement;
- Ensure the claimant’s personal information is accurate, complete, and as current as possible;
- Establish and maintain claimant communication;
- Compile reports and statistics for the Court;
- Comply with any legal requirements as may be imposed from time to time under the Court’s ongoing authority and supervision;
- Conduct quality assurance and Court ordered audits;
- Offer and provide services to meet the demands of the Court.
- Where Personal Information is collected, used, or retained that includes the Personal Information of other identifiable individuals, your Personal Information will not be released to or shared with those identifiable individuals, nor will their Personal Information be released to or shared with anyone, UNLESS written consent has been obtained from the claimant, or the other identifiable individuals authorizing such release or sharing of such Personal Information, or; unless required by law, or authorized by the Court according to the terms and conditions of the Settlement Agreement.
If you are not satisfied that we have adequately respected your privacy, or you have questions or comments regarding this policy, or the administration of the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, you may contact Crawford Adjusters Canada at 1 800 267-5540, or firstname.lastname@example.org.